Thursday, August 23, 2012

Introducing myself

Hello! My name is Michelle, I'm 21, I'm Brazilian and I'm studying Chemistry at UFABC since 2010. I have this dream about travel the whole world, so I have to learn languages! 
I have a level intermediate in English and I'm learning a little bit of basic Spanish. Besides, I will start a German course next week. I really wanna talk with people in English, but I can't do that very well, yet, because it's difficult think fast in another language... can you imagine how difficult should think fast in German? I thought that I can't do that! 
So, today I saw a video where a guy speaking about his experience with other languages. He's thinking that he never could speak Spanish (he's Irish and he's living in Spain), but one day, after studying in courses, reading books, studying alone and can't speak, he decides speak, even if he speaks almost every word wrong. And using this method he learned how to speak and then he learn about grammar and today he can speak a lot of languages. 
So I decide to try some similar. My English is poor, yet, and I think that is, mainly, because I can't think in English fast (as I already said). I can read very well, but writing is a little bit more difficult, because the words to use doesn't come to my mind... to speak the problem is the same, but writing I don't have problems if I delay.
I don't know if anyone will read this, but I will try to keep blogging to try to improve my writing and accelerate my thoughts. Besides I improve my vocabulary, right? And I hope this improve my speaking skills, too. I know the text is full of mistakes, wrong words and wrong grammar, but it doesn't matter, now. I'll do my best here. And if you read until here and you wanna improve your speaking, too, please let me know, we can talk together and if you have English as your mother language (I don't know if this is right to say, lol) and you wanna learn Portuguese, let me know, too, we could teach one to another. 


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment